ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
Check out the WIN News coverage of our COVID measures
Following advice in regards to the COVID-19 virus, ACTWell wishes to reassure our clients that appropriate measures are being taken to ensure the safety of all staff and participants in our training courses.
ACTWell are committed to continuing to deliver our training programs, and we are following the advice of health authorities.
- Course participants with signs of respiratory infections (flu-like symptoms, fever, cough, sore throat) will NOT be permitted to participate in assessment sessions.
- All participants are to strictly adhere to Government social distancing requirements (standing 1.5m apart, no more than 1 person per 4 sqm).
- 2.2m high clear acrylic dividers have been set up in the classroom to ensure social distancing is maintained, and maximise student and trainer safety.
- All participants are asked to be extra vigilant with good hygiene practices, especially the cleaning of hands before entering practical assessment scenarios. Hand sanitizer will be made available at each assessment station.
- Mouth to mouth breaths will NOT be performed on manikins. Instead breaths will be demonstrated using bag valve mask resuscitators (BVM’s).
- Disposable nitrile gloves MUST be worn during practical assessment tasks.
- Antibacterial cleaning wipes, or spray will be provided at each assessment station. Students are required to clean equipment before and after use.
- Single-use bandages will be supplied. Bandaging and slings will be applied to manikins or self-applied, not to other class members.
- Recovery position will be demonstrated on manikins, not on other class members.
- Assessment stations will be thoroughly cleaned between students.
- Training facility including bathrooms and ‘high-touch’ areas will be thoroughly cleaned at the commencement and cessation of all courses.
The measures we have taken exceed government requirments, and we believe they are necessary in order to ensure the safety of our staff and the entire Canberra community.
Participants who's course was previously cancelled pending these changes will be contacted to reschedule using the new training delivery format.
We thank you for your assistance and understanding, and will keep you updated as to any further changes that may be required.
ACTWell has taken a unique and innovative approach to social distancing