(Includes HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid, HLTAID015 Provide Advanced Resuscitation and Oxygen Therapy, and HLTAID016 Manage First Aid Services and Resources)
This course is appropriate for people who are either employed in, or intending to become employed in, nominated occupational first aider roles. It is delivered in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines, relevant state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authority requirements, safe work practices, and first aid code of practice.
The course provides simulated real-life scenarios for a set of skills to provide advanced first aid, oxygen therapy, advanced resuscitation, ongoing monitoring and care after treatment, handover of the casualty to emergency services and incident debriefing or evaluation to improve future operations, address individual needs recognising psychological impacts and seeking help as required.
Participants learn to develop and maintain first aid action plans in consultation with relevant parties, undertake a risk assessment to establish, maintain and facilitate the provision of appropriate first aid in a workplace environment, follow manufacturer’s instructions and complete documentation including checklists for stocking and maintaining equipment such as resuscitation and oxygen equipment and first aid kits.
Students attending our flexible delivery First Aid courses must complete online pre-course work and assessment PRIOR to their practical sessions.
There is a practical assessment (as per the unit of competency guidelines) of two (2) minutes of uninterrupted CPR performed on the floor. If you are physically incapable of performing CPR on the floor, please contact our staff for further information.
Due to COVID-19 we are currently delivering training via an 'enhanced online learning' delivery method with a 8 hour 'Face-to-face' assessment
Your assessment session is held at ACTWell's training facility.
The session runs for approximately 8 hours face-to-face with a pre-course online requirement to be completed prior to the assessment.
$495 HLTSS00068 Occupational First Aid Skill Set
8 Hours Approx
If you would like to pay by invoice please contact us via email or phone to complete the booking.
This course is delivered and assessed by ACTWell First Aid & Training, on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
UNIT BEING DELIVERED
The following units will be included in your certificate:
- HLTSS00068 - Occupational First Aid Skill Set
- HLTAID014 - Provide Advanced First Aid
- HLTAID016 - Manage first aid services and resources
- HLTAID011 - Provide First Aid
- HLTAID015 - Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
- HLTAID009 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID010 - Provide basic emergency life support
To view full unit details please visit training.gov.au
This course can be delivered in the workplace or at ACTWell First Aid & Training Canberra’s training facility.
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Pre-course study: Students may be required to undertake online pre-course work prior to attending assessment sessions depending on the course delivery mode.
Online study: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
DUE TO COVID-19 we are currently delivering training via an 'enhanced online learning' delivery methods with a shortened 'face-to-face' assessment. The assessment runs for approximately 8 hours with a pre-course online requirement to be completed prior to the assessment.
LEARNERS RIGHTS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND SUPPORT, INCLUDING COMPLAINTS
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au (https://allenstraining.com.au/students/student-handbook) for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. single and two-rescuer CPR, using a bag-valve-mask, select and insert an appropriate airway adjunct, manage oxygen equipment and use an AED to deliver at least one shock)
- Place a casualty into the recovery position
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on a simulated first aid scenario
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
- Coordinate a multiple casualty incident
- Manage a casualty with a life-threatening bleed and provide oxygen
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the life-threatening bleed scenario
- Maintain resuscitation equipment
- Conduct a workplace risk assessment
- Develop a first aid response plan including strategies for management of incidents
- Use a first-aid checklist to service a workplace first aid kit for supplies’ replacement and equipment maintenance
Theory assessment: A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions.
CERTIFICATE RENEWAL REQUIREMENTS
HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation & HLTAID015 Provide Advanced Resuscitation and Oxygen Therapy are valid for 12 months. The HLTAID010 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support, HLTAID011 Provide First Aid, & HLTAID014 Provide First Aid qualifications expire after three (3) years. HLTSS00068 Occupational First Aid Skill Set & HLTAID016 Manage First Aid Services and Resources do not require renewal.