(Includes PUAWER005B Operate as part of an emergency control organisation & PUAWER008B Confine Small Workplace Emergencies)
This nationally recognised course delivered by emergency services experts will equip participants with the skills to safely evacuate a workplace as well as managing small workplace emergencies such as a small fire or chemical spill.
Some of the skills learned in this five hour course are;
- Implement workplace procedures
- Risk management
- Carry out a search pattern in an area
- Use initial response equipment such as fire extinguishers
- Assist people who need assistance
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course runs approximately 5 hours face to face with no pre-course requirement or pre-requisites
$199 AUD PUAWER005B Operate as Part of an Emergency Control Organisation & PUAWER008B Confine Small Workplace Emergencies - Skill Set (FIRE WARDEN)
5 Hours (approx.)
UNIT BEING DELIVERED
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
PUAWER005B Operate as part of an emergency control organisation
PUAWER008B Confine Small Workplace Emergencies
To view full unit details please visit training.gov.au
This course will be delivered in the workplace or at ACTWell First Aid & Training Canberra’s training facility.
COURSE DURATION (face to face)
• Face to face – 5 hours full face to face course
PROVIDER OF TRAINING AND ASSESSMENT
This course is delivered and assessed by ACTWell First Aid & Training in partnership and under the auspice of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
WORK PLACEMENT ARRANGEMENTS
No work placement will be required as part of this course
LEARNERS RIGHTS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND SUPPORT, INCLUDING COMPLAINTS
Please refer to the student handbook for all details relating to your rights and responsibilities.
COURSE FEES AND PAYMENTS
The fee for this course is $199
Refund and fee protection policy, including cooling-off period – please refer to the student handbook.
Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
An individual undertaking this course with Allens Training Pty Ltd will need to demonstrate the following to be eligible for entry:
- Physical fitness to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills such as using equipment assigned to assist with implementing the workplace emergency procedures and providing assistance to those in need during an evacuation.
- Sufficient English language, literacy, numeracy and visual interpretation skills to successfully complete the course.